Saturday 21 September 2013

LIONHEART: Our interview with Chase The Enemy!

 
PART 1: 'THE INTERVIEW'
 
1 - What was your earliest musical memory and what inspired you towards pursuing a career in music?
 
Thomas Moore: "I've been drumming along on my knees since I was really little to songs in the car or at home, however, when I then got Rock Band was when I knew I wanted to be a drummer, so set about making a band with all my friends and Jess as I needed a singer."
 
Tom Bellman: "It was probably when I first heard Foo Fighters because I just used to listen to Eminem when I was younger and they just hit me hard and I was like, 'what have I been doing all this time, rock music is just so much better!' Then I started playing guitar and to be honest music is the only thing I know or am any good at so..."
 
2 - Had you been involved with any other bands prior to Chase The Enemy?
 
Jessica Moore: "Sort of! I mean, Chase The Enemy evolved from a band that started when I was about fourteen, the boys were about sixteen. People left, people joined. Chase The Enemy officially came together when Tom (Bellman) joined. Before then was a learning curve really, of who fit the band and was dedicated. We're really happy with the line up now and we're all such good friends."
 
3 - How did Chase The Enemy begin?
 
Jessica Moore: "Thomas (my brother) had recently just gotten a drum kit and asked some friends from school in a PE class if they wanted to be in a band. I asked him if they needed a singer and I joined. James Buck moved from piano to guitar. Josh Dawson became our bassist after our other one left. Tom joined as a second guitarist, and hence we became CTE."
 
4 - Where did the name Chase The Enemy come from?
 
Jessica Moore: "I hate to be boring, but we just wrote a list of names that we liked and put it to a twitter vote! That was it!"
 
5 - How would you describe the sound of Chase The Enemy?
 
Jessica Moore: "I never know what to say for these questions! People have compared us to all sorts. Musically the comparison of Jimmy Eat World comes up a lot. Vocally people say all sorts from Amy Lee to Avril Lavigne to Hayley Williams. It's hard to describe our sound when we are so influenced by all sorts of music and don't want to constrict ourselves to any genre!"
 
6 - 'Lionheart' has to be one of my favourite songs of yours. What is this song about and what influenced it?
 
Jessica Moore: "Lyrically it's just about not backing down. Don't let anyone push you down or tell you what to do. Don't let love limit you. I've had so many friends who have been in relationships and their lives have just stopped. They stop doing the things they want because of their partner. Do what you want to do. Be strong and keep on moving forward. That's what it's about."
 
7 - Who would be your dream collaboration?
 
Thomas Moore: "HATSUNE MIKU! I would love to work with an electronic music producer to produce a really catchy dance song; a good example would be Tilt who is a Japanese EDM producer and his song Electro-Saturator."
 
8 - Any new songs in the pipeline?
 
Jessica Moore: "If people haven't been to our gigs recently then there are a fair few songs they haven't heard yet! They'll be out for everyone to listen to next year!" 
 
9 - When can fans be expecting a new single, EP or album?
 
Tom Bellman: "Well January is the date we've set to record our next EP. We all have the money saved up, it's just getting us all together with time off work and that but it's going to be a gooden."
 
10 - Any live dates coming up?
 
Jessica Moore: "Not at the moment! We're really trying to knuckle down on writing and recording now. We plan on gigging loads next year!"
 
11 - Who would be in your dream supergroup?
 
Tom Bellman: "I love this question! Drummer would be Matt Halpern of Periphery, Flea on bass, probably Synyster Gates on guitar because he's awesome. Can I have two guitarists? Zakk Wylde would have to be in there! Then Simon Neil as frontman because he's a here."
 
PART 2: 'THE QUICKFIRE ROUND'
 
1 - Favourite Beatle?
 
Thomas Moore: "Ringo."
 
Tom Bellman: "John Lennon, I'm not really a great listener of The Beatles but you can't deny the songwriting genius."
 
Jessica Moore: "Paul!"
 
2 - Favourite band?
 
Thomas Moore: "Japanese: CosMo@bousouP, English: Muse."
 
Tom Bellman: "It's got to be Biffy, but at the moment I'm listening to a lot of stuff like Periphery, Being as an Ocean and Memphis May Fire."
 
Jessica Moore: "Biffy Clyro."
 
3 - Favourite new band?
 
Thomas Moore: "Tilt."
 
Tom Bellman: "Got to be Being As An Ocean, such an original sound. Or Mallory Know!"
 
Jessica Moore: "I know they're not all that new anymore but Don Broco!"
 
4 - Favourite song?
 
Thomas Moore: "Currently Dream Fighter by Perfume."
 
Tom Bellman: "It's probably Best Of You by Foo Fighters or any of Biffy's old songs."
 
Jessica Moore: "At the moment Tunnel Vision by Justin Timberlake."
 
5 - Favourite album?
 
Thomas Moore: "Supercell by Supercell."
 
Tom Bellman: "Probably Blackened Sky by Biffy Clyro although I love The Wonder Years new album."
 
Jessica Moore: "Opposites, Biffy Clyro."
 
6 - Vinyl, CD or download?
 
Thomas Moore: "Mostly download since importing is pricey."
 
Tom Bellman: "For sound quality it's got to be vinyl. Unfortunately I don't have a record player though, but you've got to have good speakers anyway to get the full effect. Downloads are killing the industry!"
 
Jessica Moore: "CD."
 
7 - Style icon?
 
Thomas Moore: "Matt Bellamy."
 
Tom Bellman: "Hmm, I don't really have one, I just wear whatever really!"
 
Jessica Moore: "If I could I'd dress like Stevie Nicks all day everyday."
 
8 - Favourite clothing brand?
 
Thomas Moore: "Uniqlo UT."
 
Tom Bellman: "Vans, Converse or Nike!"
 
Jessica Moore: "Topshop."
 
9 - Favourite film?
 
Thomas Moore: "Shaolin Soccer or Kung Fu Hustle."
 
Tom Bellman: "Lord Of The Rings Trilogy or Shawshank Redemption."
 
Jessica Moore: "Silver Lining's Playbook."
 
10 - Favourite TV show?
 
Thomas Moore: "Angel Beats!"
 
Tom Bellman: "Friends or Only Fools And Horses, such a hard decision! But I love Dexter, Breaking Bad, Weeds and Prison Break!"
 
Jessica Moore: "Smash."
 
11 - Who would play you in a film of your life?
 
Thomas Moore: "Only I can play myself, I'm a brilliant actor don't you know."
 
Tom Bellman: "Well David Beckham is my only lookalike so..."
 
Jessica Moore: "Seeing as Thomas is such a good actor he can do it!"
 
12 - Favourite food?
 
Thomas Moore: "Bread."
 
Tom Bellman: "Fajitas."
 
Jessica Moore: "Pizza or Curry!"
 
13 - Football team?

Thomas Moore: "Leyton Orient - football, Saracens - rugby and TSM - Esports."
 
Tom Bellman: "West Ham obviously!"
 
Jessica Moore: "I'm really not into football!"
 
Hope you enjoyed this feature on Chase The Enemy! Check out our previous feature on Little Liam!
 
Watch the video to "Lionheart" here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDaTQocl5A
 
You can also like our Facebook page to keep up to date with all future interviews at the following link - https://www.facebook.com/aldorabritainrecords
 
AB Records

No comments:

Post a Comment